Sunday 27 October 2013

Abe Sapien, Lobster Johnson and Roger

I love Hellboy, Mike Mignola is one of my favorite artists. This pic started as a little sketch on a post it sized piece of paper. Just for fun and practice. 

Cheers


And the post it sketch I started with.

Lobster Johnson is a Nazi fighting specter who brands his enemies with a claw mark burnt into their foreheads. My thinking was that his ghostly body was containing his burning essence. I had so much fun painting Abe I thought I would have a crack at another Hellboy character. I would love to see this charater in Hellboy 3 I really hope they make that movie one day soon





Roger the homunculus. Here's another character from the Hellboy and BPRD universe. Had a lot of fun on this guy and tried to stay true to the spirit of Mike Mignola's great design. 




No comments:

Post a Comment